View Single Post
Que Sera Sera
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2020
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2022 at 11:33 PM

i knew better then to use Hawaiian buns mainly because i dont really like them all that much & i even had slider size pretzle bun in my cart until i decided it might be a better idea just to use the ones the recipe called for instead.
other then having no taco taste to it i thought the meat was pretty good. while i the buns ready to put the filling on them the thought crossed my mind that they almost seemed "too fresh" somehow to me.. they just cut gumpy and kinda compacted as i was handeling them.... i dont know what the problem was with them turning out like they did. i only had 1 cup of broth in with the meat & it cooked in a covered dutch oven on 350 for about 4 hrs so it was a lot more dry then it was wet... less wet then say your normal type bbq pulled pork sandawich or a sloppy joe would be. to me.. they would have turned out better to have just used slices out of a loaf of white sandwich bread simply because after the bread would have turned to mush the crust would have still been there. haha.

i dont try new recipies very often but sometimes i will because i just get tired of having the same ol things day after day .....
Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
Mingo