poshgirl
Veteran Member
poshgirl has no updates.

5 yr Member
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2022 at 04:10 AM

As you may be aware, my challenging relationship is with my mother, well-documented in another thread.

So fed up with her attitude, I revealed my Type2 diagnosis just before Christmas. Has that improved our relationship? No! There's been cursory attempt to show interest in how I'm feeling. Then, predictably, the interrogation begins. The main question, why didn't you tell me sooner as you were diagnosed in June? Followed by who have you told before me?

At my brother's house on Christmas Day, out of their earshot, she again asked "just when were you going to tell me?" My reply was this is neither the time nor place for that discussion. She apologised then spent rest of day trying to make everything about her. Even my sister-in-law raised her eyebrows a few times.

Following day, at my aunt's, was conscious of mother trying to make it all about her. My cousin paid a short visit. From the kitchen, I could hear mother telling her how she'd gone to bed on Christmas Eve alone, then woken on Christmas Day alone. What she's forgotten it was exactly the same last year.

New Year is fast approaching and the one thing I do not want to do is spend it with my mother. The conversation will only be about one subject. Don't see why I should have to defend my choices, as I'm an adult.
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes