View Single Post
DeeeSchmeee68

Member Since Dec 2022
15 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2022 at 07:55 AM

Hello. I have two sons age 30 and 28 from my first marriage which was highly abusive. I have a 20 year old daughter from my second marriage to an alcoholic (She has a very nasty temper and says horrible things which trigger me) Current state of relationships with these children is very disappointing.
I had been watching my almost 3 year old grandson full-time because his own mother aged 30 has cirrhosis and it's incapable of caring for him. He is my oldest son's child. We enrolled him in daycare . Well I got covid so I hadn't been able to watch him for a week.
Yesterday I wanted to open up a discussion about how I don't feel comfortable driving my grandson as my car is unreliable not to mention I'm overwhelmed with having so much responsibility for my grandson. My son has anger issues and lashes out which he did yesterday. Swearing at me victim shaming me and mocking me for not being able to keep a job which has been a problem for me.
I told him he needs to figure it all out on his own but I feel as though the only one suffering will be my grandson.
My thoughts are that I should stick to the original plan which was me watching my grandson two days a week and driving him to daycare 3 days a week. I am overwhelmed with caring for a toddler. However who else is going to do it? It breaks my heart to see my grandson suffer.
I know I should be the strong matriarch of this family but given my history especially the broken relationship with both mothers of mine,I just don't feel strong enough to be that person.
DeeeSchmeee68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, AliceKate, Anonymous43372, Bill3, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, sadmanagain, seesaw, Soupe du jour, TishaBuv, Travelinglady, unaluna, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Rose76