Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2022 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshgirl View Post
As you may be aware, my challenging relationship is with my mother, well-documented in another thread.

So fed up with her attitude, I revealed my Type2 diagnosis just before Christmas. Has that improved our relationship? No! There's been cursory attempt to show interest in how I'm feeling. Then, predictably, the interrogation begins. The main question, why didn't you tell me sooner as you were diagnosed in June? Followed by who have you told before me?

At my brother's house on Christmas Day, out of their earshot, she again asked "just when were you going to tell me?" My reply was this is neither the time nor place for that discussion. She apologised then spent rest of day trying to make everything about her. Even my sister-in-law raised her eyebrows a few times.

Following day, at my aunt's, was conscious of mother trying to make it all about her. My cousin paid a short visit. From the kitchen, I could hear mother telling her how she'd gone to bed on Christmas Eve alone, then woken on Christmas Day alone. What she's forgotten it was exactly the same last year.

New Year is fast approaching and the one thing I do not want to do is spend it with my mother. The conversation will only be about one subject. Don't see why I should have to defend my choices, as I'm an adult.
Have you heard of Dr. Ramani? I am aware of your struggles with your mother. She sounds like a narcissist, and it may be possible the mental health symptoms you and I are showing are coming from being in a narcissist abuse relationship.

I started watching videos by Dr. R on youtube. She also has an online healing program. I recommend it.

The problem with the Ramani philosophy is she says go no contact to heal from the narcissist and I am not going to do that. It’s not just husband, it is a few key family members, too, that I am choosing to keep in my life.

Last edited by TishaBuv; Dec 28, 2022 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Add more
TishaBuv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
poshgirl