Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2022 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
What about a path that is best for YOU?

Smart, funny and handsome have nothing to do with how he treats you.

How does he treat you generally speaking? With respect and high regard? Is he supportive of you and compassionate towards you? Does he do considerate and nice things for you that tell you he loves you? Does he shower you with love and affection? Does he follow through on promises made? Do his actions match his words? Do you regularly feel happy when you're around him, and every single day?

My guess is no. From everything you've posted, it seems far more negative than positive in your relationship.
Generally speaking- super polite, but a not present person, addicted to media and expecting everything to be done for him. I always did everything for him as we had a traditional marriage like that, very 1950’s. Now that he’s retired, I complained and he is now doing a bit more to be equally contributing. But there’s very little to do anyway; meals, light cleaning.

The response to the other things in that question you asked are it’s complicated. No, he does not do those things but then does after we fight. Repetition compulsion dance.

What is best for me is the big question. Why can’t I end what is making me chronically miserable? Honestly, either scenario with or without him is alright. I could be fine without him, maybe happy, maybe even more unhappy. I wish I could have a break from him so I could find out, but he won’t do it.