Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2022 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Generally speaking- super polite, but a not present person, addicted to media and expecting everything to be done for him. I always did everything for him as we had a traditional marriage like that, very 1950’s. Now that he’s retired, I complained and he is now doing a bit more to be equally contributing. But there’s very little to do anyway; meals, light cleaning.

The response to the other things in that question you asked are it’s complicated. No, he does not do those things but then does after we fight. Repetition compulsion dance.

What is best for me is the big question. Why can’t I end what is making me chronically miserable? Honestly, either scenario with or without him is alright. I could be fine without him, maybe happy, maybe even more unhappy. I wish I could have a break from him so I could find out, but he won’t do it.
Chronically miserable is no way to live life, in my honest opinion. I really don't know how you deal with it all long-term and on a daily basis. You do need a break!!

And your answer is no on each of those questions? Unless he is forced to because of a fight, in other words? Then none of that comes naturally for him & he's not giving you the love, care and attention you deserve and want.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv