Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jan 2015
95k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 30, 2022 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerchild25 View Post
Ugh I’ve been sick since Monday. It seems like a nasty cold but I haven’t tested for Covid. Simply because I haven’t gone anywhere anyway as it’s winter break. Just short trips out with a mask on. It’s a pity though, I had planned to do a lot of cleaning and organizing but I’m just too tired. I’ve been resting and drinking lots of fluids instead. I found peppermint tea in the cabinet downstairs while I was bumbling around looking for hot tea vs all the cold iced teas I have. I feel better after a couple of naps today so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I moved up my pdoc appt to today because the abilify is just making me nauseous with a headache every single day and causing insomnia at night. I’m waking up for 2-3 hours every night and/or early morning. It’s just unacceptable. So she actually suggested that since I’ve been stable for awhile on increasingly low doses of APs I can see if just the nightly seroquel can hold things together for me. She said let it go for just a month, monitor my mood and potential paranoia closely, and see if I’m still ok without a replacement.

I’m very happy with this but RS is nervous. Understandable. When I went off vraylar everything went to hell within a couple of months last year. But there was a lot going on last year too. I agreed to go back on low dose haldol as a PRN if needed.

Christmas Eve was nice, it was just us and we didn’t leave the house because it was 16 degrees with a real feel of -2 outside. Christmas was nice as well, first husband’s family in the AM and then RS’s family in the pm. Monday (before I got sick) we went to my family. The contrast between RS’s and mine is stark. RS’s is so happy and get along so well, whereas my family has an air of tension hovering at all times, this time between my mom and my brother. But I am proud of myself because my SIL tried to draw me in to their conflict and I refused to be involved. I just said nope I’m not a part of it talk to her if you’re upset. That’s all it’s going to be from now on, I’m over being put in the middle.

Anyway since I’ve been busy and/or sick I haven’t been on here but I hope everyone had/has a happy holiday whichever one you celebrate.
I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with a more appropriate AP that fits better. Glad your Christmas was nice.

Hugs from:
wildflowerchild25