View Single Post
Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 31, 2022 at 03:48 PM

I am so very, very sorry you are in this situation. It must be incredibly stressful, distressing and heartbreaking.

Couples therapy could be very helpful if your wife consented to attend with you.

Although I am not in your shoes and wouldn't want to trespass on the uniqueness of your experience, I lost the love of my life after thirteen year of living together. It was her choice not mine.

Huge changes like that take time to adjust too. But I was able to get past the misery. I eventually got used to my new life and was able to re-experience peace of mind and joy of living. To be honest, it was no easy thing and I initially fell into a terrible depression for which I was hospitalized and given antidepressant medications. These did not change my external circumstances {I am still alone} But they helped me bounce back from what I thought was a hopeless situation and living hell.

Therapy helped me too although I benefitted more from reading books by famous psychotherapists than by face to face therapy.

There were no personal computers when all this happened so I had nowhere to go to communicate with others going through the same misery as I was going through. Luckily there are online Forums today, like this one. I would have benefited from this Forum in those days but I was left alone with my misery.

I hope you will feel free to lean on us for moral support whatever happens in your life. No one should be all alone with misery like you are going through.

Please forgive me if my words are not helpful to you. It is so hard to know what to say when a person is going through so much. Hopefully others here will have better and more helpful words for you than my poor and empty words.

My heart goes out to you and I hope things work out. I think your distress over all this is perfectly understandable.
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, added, Blueowl, sadmanagain

Thanks for this!
sadmanagain