Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 01, 2023 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
He's an a hole, he triggers you frequently and you're completely miserable. And it's been this way for years, with nothing changing despite all your efforts to bring you closer and to resolve the issues. Sounds pretty hopeless to me. But it's up to you to make yourself happy, either way. I don't see how you can be happy in this relationship ever, and thats my perspective. It's up to you to make yourself happy.
This is true. I need to pick a lane and stop the back and forth. He does constantly disappoint and upset me with silly triggering behavior.

NYE was another bad time. I didn’t meltdown though, just wen to bed. My tears and words don’t matter anymore. He does not have ability to think in ways that I think everybody else does. I have never seen anyone give their partner a completely dispassionate peck on the lips at midnight then immediately text others happy NY. It speaks to me as to the total lack of chemistry we have. I was shocked after the one second peck. My mood dropped. . He noticed and asked why I was upset. I told him. He defended himself (invalidation of my feelings). No argument from me. Nothing I say matters.

My wish for myself in 2023 is to be rid of this man in my home, to be out of this awful union. I wanted it to work out so badly, but it is constant heartbreak.

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Have Hope