View Single Post
sadmanagain

Member Since Dec 2022
123 hugs
given
Default Jan 02, 2023 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Lou View Post
Sandman, I left my emotionally unavailable husband of 28 years. It will be one year and 4 months out on January 7. That is when the divorce was final. I don’t know how to move on even though I am the one that left. I didn’t leave him because I didn’t love him, I left because he was ignoring me and pushing me away for years. I was dying of loneliness. He has started dating and having a wonderful time with his new woman. It is hurting me to the bone because he ignored me and didn’t want to have any fun with me. I am 52 and completely scared, lonely, confused, depressed, and hopeless. I’m sorry I am no help except to say you are not alone.

Thank you for responding and sharing your struggle. Actually hearing this from you is helpful, it's very good to know that I'm not alone in my situation.
I am so very sorry for what you're going through.

I also feel hopeless and depressed and I'm struggling every single day just to get through my day. I just don't understand how she can do something like this and how it would make more sense for her to give up after 31 years.

I love my wife and she says she loves me but how can you love someone and do this??
Yesterday she agreed to try to go to couples counseling but says she has no faith in it doing anything and says that she feels like she has to because I'm asking her to.

I understand that she has trauma from her childhood and suffers with PTSD from it but who better to support her than her husband who had loved her for 28 + years and is done the best he could to deal with an almost impossible situation.. she said she has no interest in anyone else and we'll probably spend the rest of her life alone so nobody else has to be exposed to her stuff and she feels horrible about what it has done to me over the years.

Who else could understand better and sympathize more, I'm willing to sacrifice almost anything even my own happiness if only we could make this work. I know this is not healthy but I can't help feeling that way.

Thank you again so much for responding.,

Could you explain more ? Not sure I understand what you're saying

Last edited by CANDC; Jan 02, 2023 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: merge two posts same forum responding to same post
sadmanagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes