View Single Post
Space Wizard

Member Since Jan 2015
13 hugs
given
Default Jan 02, 2023 at 10:04 PM

Just popping in for no particular reason (nothing new to report outside of me saying no when they asked to see me last night) - I know I used the A word and we are talking about alcoholism, but I don't think Jordan is an alcoholic - even when they did drink around me, it was in moderation. I think they are self-medicating with drugs and alcohol right now, and I imagine if and when this passes they will go back to being able to drink in a healthy way, or at least they would, if they were not on literally four different medications that are all not supposed to be mixed with alcohol. I don't think that really matters so much, just a thing I was thinking about in reading the comments.

I do, however, think they are a sex addict, which is a much trickier thing to puzzle through, especially when we were in a non-monogamous relationship to begin with. Again, in a moment of clarity early on they mentioned that a motivator for their "reckless behavior that hurts them and the people around them" is addiction "not so much to substances, but to feelings." When someone puts it like that, you're like, "okay, you understand what's happening here."

But then it keeps happening, and it's like, "well, maybe you actually don't understand."

Something I noticed a while back re: social media is that they have lots of photos with other friends, lovers, acquaintances, whatever, lots of people tagged in those photos over the past couple of years. They don't appear to still be in contact with any of them. Really sad little thing to notice.

"Some men choose to chase women. Other men choose to chase aesthetics. If you're wondering which way to go, remember your muscles will never wake up and tell you they don't love you anymore." - Socrates
Space Wizard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote