nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,311 hugs
given
Unhappy Jan 06, 2023 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
I love Target. We also have places like Big Lots, Marshalls, and such other places that sell items at good prices. Right now I shop mostly on eBay, but hubby gets out to shop for groceries and pharmacy items.
I do love Target, but my store has been putting a lot of staples in locked, glass cases because of shoplifting. It's a pain to call someone, and wait, then THEY wait while you decide if you want the item or not. With cosmetics, I like to compare ingredients, to see if I can tell why one is more than the other.

They wait so they can relock the case. Often other customers need help at the same time. PAIN, so I went back to Rite Aid. (Oddly, they used to keep stuff locked up too but now they are back on the shelves as usual)

I used to go to Target because their prices were better, even regular prices were better than Rite Aid. But with the cost of gas now, and the locked cases, it's not worth it now.

I don't shop online and no hubby to go get stuff. I need to get out anyway.

Big Lots used to be Pic N Save, if you all recall. I think the latter is a better name, though my local store had a lot of junk. The former name sounds like a lumberyard.

Used to shop at Marshalls for clothes, but the stores near me are now gone. Same with TJ Maxx. Ross is still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Walmart and Target Have a Secret Hiding Spot for Clearance Items

Note: Bring a tall person with me when I shop.
I rarely look up, no matter what store I'm in. I thought retailers place items they want people to notice at eye level. My grocery store puts clearance items in a strange place, near the restrooms. You can easily walk right past it, because it's not noticeable at all. They have since moved it out closer to the aisle, so it's getting more notice now.

There is stuff up high but they aren't clearance items. Things like small appliances or barbeques.

They also rearrange the store in general every couple of months, which is annoying.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady