View Single Post
Anonymous40506

Default Jan 07, 2023 at 06:54 PM

Over the last 18 months I've had 3 different health anxiety situations. The latest is somewhat resolving. I'll likely have another shortly. That's my MO.

With all of them I felt "this is really the one," "this time I really am dying," "this isn't like the other times, this time I really am in trouble." It's exhausting. I've had this off and on for 20 years, maybe more. Every time I felt like I was going to die and every one eventually resolved and I am still here. My parents died relatively young and I'm now in that same age range. I'm not in great health, but I'm not bad either. They had many issues in the decade or so before they died. I think I feel like I'm just fated to have the same outcome as them, so I live a very small life mostly just waiting to die.

Anyway, you didn't want to hear about me. I do understand how very hard health anxiety is. If you're interested I've been watching a channel on YT called Cherelle Thinks. It's a young woman from Wales who's been through a lot of this and has made some videos that have really helped me feel better. Some of them are triggering, but know that she speaks from experience. I wish I had her fortitude.

Good luck with everything.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NatalieJastrow, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
NatalieJastrow, nonightowl