View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2023 at 08:30 PM

Yeah I see people talking about being single. I hear you! I got married at 50, so it’s been a long single life on my own. It’s hard.

But then I know married people who have it much worse because they often have to support lots of other people. Sometimes I think I was better off being single.

Most of my girl friends are single never married and they are doing great in their 40s, 50s and 60s. No one else to support! But then I have this married coworker whose husband refuses to get a job and he drinks. She supports two people on one income. That’s a struggle.

My husband had long first marriage and when we’ve met he was worse broke than me because he supported 4 people on one income before the divorce and was paying spousal support after divorce

But in general if there are two incomes life is easier because two people paying mortgage or rent is better than one. Other expenses I don’t see much of a difference. Like two incomes is more money but two people have twice expense.

And traveling lady asked about coping with financial troubles. I had to work two jobs most of my life. I’d not manage otherwise. And because I was raising a kid alone I couldn’t really live with roommates or in bad places. So I had to make enough for a decent place. Pretty much I worked and worked and worked. And worked some more. Exhausting
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost, Nammu, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, MuseumGhost