jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2023 at 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Are those different checks? You said you recently sent checks by mail and they got lost in the mail and they someone checked them. Are those the same checks?

Scammers are really hard to catch. And they usually don’t work alone, which makes it ever harder.

I don’t know if they get caught. Some do and some don’t. You aren’t responsible for the amount though and banks would reinstate it. I don’t suggest you accuse anyone but you should have a police report done and let them investigate.

No matter how careful you are, scammers find the way. But as a step one you should hide your checkbook and your cards when you have strangers in the house.

The 2 checks that were lost or more likely, stolen was never received from the credit card company. I dropped both letters off at the post office inside & gave them to the clerk there.

I don’t know for sure if the fraudulent check was stolen in the mail or IF the maid stole one of our checks. I might have forgot to put the checkbook in my purse which I kept right by me at all times.

I’d hate to think the maid stole the check. Especially since I was watching her most of the time from another room. I walked into the kitchen a few times when she was there too.

I heard that scammers can erase ink off of checks. Scary! I’ll never hire that maid again as I suspect it was her. The copy of check looked real. I didn’t say anything to her after hearing what I did of course.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated