View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2023 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I made a proper Sunday chicken dinner tonight, with lots of veg and Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes. Did extra veg so we can have left overs for bubble and squeak in a few days too.

Do others have a special meal they traditionally make on Sunday?
Years ago Sunday was a pot roast with potatoes and carrots. But now days no. It’s hard to get mum to eat. Tonight was one chicken enchilada cut in half. With the smaller half going to mum. Mixed veggies with the cauliflower and carrots for mum and broccoli for me. I very much doubt mum will finish hers. But it was delicious. The local grocery makes fresh enchiladas in containers for one, two and four. We get the one and split it. Less waste that way. They also have excellent marinated chicken breast. Because they are quite large I just get one and split it between us, or else I end up throwing a half a one away as mum won’t eat that much. Most of my meals are this type of easily baked entree and frozen veggies. Works for us. I’ve never been an exceptional cook, this is more my speed.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, MuseumGhost