NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
275 hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2023 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ9A View Post
With all of them I felt "this is really the one," "this time I really am dying," "this isn't like the other times, this time I really am in trouble." It's exhausting. I've had this off and on for 20 years, maybe more. Every time I felt like I was going to die and every one eventually resolved and I am still here.
Thanks for the link,
Yes this is exactly what is happening to me. Spell after spell of health issues... and they all come to nothing.

So get this... I got my follow up Kidney blood and urine yesterday, and it was perfect. PERFECT. I am happy but I don't understand. It was only 5 days out from the other test which was enough to make my doctor concerned!

I don't think my therapist understands health anxiety. She is all about CBT, and changing my irrational thinking. But I think the issue with health anxiety is that it isn't irrational thinking. For me it is just that I am more sensitive than most to my body. How do you change that? Ignore it? You can't. Once you know of a symptom it is illogical not to get it checked out. I would argue other people who don't pay attention to their symptoms are the irrational ones.

On my own I have practiced CBT so if I am having an irrational spell I will be able to calm myself but still the 4 month or so trek to get an appointment, get it checked out, and deal with the after effects is tiring.

I feel like the better solution to calm myself is something where I have the power to deal with anything that comes up... such as the law of attraction -- that basically says you can direct the world with your mind thus you can control anything that happens to you...but I have a hard time really embracing that.

My eyes have somewhat returned to normal. My theory is dry eye. I forgot that I took a fatty acid supplement during the fall that I ran out of and I got it to potentially get rid of dry eye. So I reordered it.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl