View Single Post
ilive4music

Member Since Sep 2013
53 hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2023 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtigger View Post
I have learned that when it comes to relationships, men cannot be trusted to not cheat and/or abuse.

Mum's first husband, for example - my dad: at the same time as being married to Mum, he kept getting girlfriends and
Possible trigger:
with them, then after Mum divorced him he started fathering more kids, not financially supporting any of the kids he fathered

Mum's second husband: used to yell and hit, often without a valid reason

My relationships: i've always been cheated on and in one case, he used to hit furniture and stuff, simply to frighten me and the cat i had at the time

am i right in having learned this lesson? men only want to hurt their partners?

this is why after the last ex of mine, i have never allowed another man in and i honestly dont think i ever will just in case i get hurt

I think it depends on the person, not so much the gender. There are good men out there and good women too but there are also people in both genders who will abuse you and use you in any opportunity they get..

It's a matter of taking a risk to trust the person. I can understand how you feel because most of my relationships with men were me getting hurt in the end, so I don't want to allow anyone in my life again either. Then again who knows what might come along my way? I might meet someone who is a great person , and I'll have to take that risk or just stay single forever.
ilive4music is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448