Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,941 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 10, 2023 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
On my cell phone any call I received that’s not a text call gets blocked, after the fact. I never answer voice calls. As a result I get very few calls on my cell phone. But on the landline. Everyday there’s scam calls.
My scam calls don't ring through either, as they aren't in my list. Still, it's aggravating to see them on my screen as "missed call." It's a call I'm glad I missed. It will show as spam risk or telemarketer, the phone is smart enough to tell.

Texts show up in my unknown sender list but still show up. In general I get few calls on my cell but on my landline it's relentless. I won't give it up because it's durable and has ALWAYS been in order, even during storms. Cell phones can have weak signals or the battery drains too fast. No problem with a landline.

I do have a feature to block up to 10 numbers on it, but since they call from different numbers every time (which are probably spoofed), that list fills up fast. Then I have to clear them all and start over. The calls have suddenly stopped for some reason, but I was getting a lot around election time. And last year I got dozens of "car warranty expired" scam calls.

Those stopped too but did get a text about "verifying" my CarMax code. Never did business with them. I know that doesn't matter; scammers spoof legit companies all the time. "Your Netflix account has been suspended" and "You must re-activate your EDD Debit card within 4 hours." Yeah, right.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Travelinglady, unaluna