View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2023 at 01:44 PM

I lost my job today. They told me that my skill set doesn't match their needs.

In the very beginning, I knew that I could not measure up to their expectations. I stressed out SO much that I made myself completely sick. I took a month off for mental health reasons in the third week of employment.

Since then, and upon my return, my doctor recommended that I return to a less stressful, modified position.

So my company gave me easier tasks for the last year, and I never took on clients of my own.

My first review was horrible and said I wasn't meeting their expectations. Then my second review was far better, yet wasn't in writing. That was a red flag to me. My boss told me only verbally that I was now meeting the expectations. When I asked for that in writing, he only wrote a brief paragraph, yet did not include that part in writing.

I think they've wanted to let me go for a long time. My boss kept dangling clients like a carrot stick for months on end, without following through.

I took on other responsibilities and was doing fairly well at them. Still, I was not operating at the level they require for my particular role.

So, I've been let go. This is my fourth time being unemployed. I am panicking because it took a ridiculous number of interviews and rejections in the final round of interviews to finally land this job.

I am very worried & scared for my future. Any support you can offer would be hugely appreciated.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AliceKate, Bill3, Discombobulated, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WastingAsparagus