Thread: Feeling alone
View Single Post
NPMAN

Member Since Jan 2023
7 hugs
given
Default Jan 12, 2023 at 08:07 AM

Hi there,

I have a lot less experience than you, being only 26, however, I've been through a good few hurdles for my age (seeing death, my parents divorce, my recent thread and other things).

I've done couple counselling before, trying different professionals. Personally, it helped in the short-term, but not in the long-term (which doesn't mean it will be the same for you). I can imagine that you're practically soulmates at this stage, which must be extremely difficult.

Of course I'd recommend therapy, but prior to that, go on a holiday, just the 2 of you, to reset and start therapy fresh with new emotions. Both people must work to make it last and be happy.

My parents divorced recently, my father becoming single at 50 (so close enough). His first year was very difficult, he was lost, depressed... didn't know what to do. Eventually, he started meeting people, quit smoking and drinking (he was an alcoholic), started gym and is enjoying his new life. The time alone let him reset and think about his life. He's far from perfect, but he's meeting a few women now, one he wants to go exclusive with.

I hope it won't come to this and you'll manage to work it out, but if it does, know that you're not alone, you'll still have options and won't be left alone.

Hope this helps
NPMAN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sadmanagain