Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 13, 2023 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I applied for unemployment and also spoke with their office. They told me I qualify for benefits. I think I mentioned I took out a bank loan to make ends meet because I cannot pay all my bills on unemployment alone.

I cannot move, as moving costs money, money which I do not have. Plus, all one bedroom or studio apartments cost about what I am already paying in rent. I could potentially get a roommate - that's one possibility.

I also have a former colleague that I could potentially work with on the side to earn some extra money. I plan on asking him about it. He offered this to me a couple months ago, I declined at the time and said I wanted to keep the option open. I will contact him.

I could sell my engagement ring, but I thought I am supposed to wait until divorce is over?

And this time, I will approach my job search differently. I will take anything and cannot afford to pick and choose.
Are all divorce papers filed? Didn’t you sign everything? Financial papers are all done? Then I see no need to wait. You shouldn’t be selling things if divorce papers weren’t filed.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote