View Single Post
Galetre

Member Since Nov 2010
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 13, 2023 at 09:56 PM

My husband has been living separately from me and our son for a couple of years. He moved 200 miles away from us to play guitar in bbq restaurants and dive bars at the beach. He is on disability for mental illness. We have only been communicating through text messages. Lately his messages have been getting more and more angry, with all his anger directed at me. I admit, I am frustrated with the situation, but I try to communicate in a calm, positive way towards him. This week his messages became scary for me. He keeps saying he is sure I want to kill him, that I want him dead. He has also said twice that he had to jump through a glass window to get away from me. He called a local mental health clinic and told them I was in crisis. He threatened to call an ambulance to come get me. Then he started saying he knew I wanted to hurt our son, that I am violent and abusive to our son, and he also thinks I want to kill our son. He said he was going to call the school to find out what was going on. He says I am causing him to have heart attacks as well. None of these things are real. But he believes them.

I had to contact the principal at school, who knows something of our situation and let her know my husband might be calling with false allegations against me. Then I went to the police department to try to file a report. They said I could not, because my husband doesn't live here. I called a domestic violence hotline looking for advice. I went to the mental health clinic looking for advice. I called a crisis hotline looking for advice. I was not able to get any help. I have decided to stop all communication with him. I contacted his sister and told her the situation and asked her to check on him periodically.

I'm feeling scared and heartbroken at the same time. Does anyone have experience with delusions like this? I am looking for some good advice.

Thank you.
Galetre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDC