Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,050 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Jan 14, 2023 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflower View Post
While I am delighted with the increase, it only served to push me further away from qualifying for the "extra help" they speak of ...

I'm one of those that makes just a wee bit too much (less than 20k a year after mandatory Medicare deductions), yet not enough to swing proper medical care on my own.

It sucks watching oneself fall through the cracks ...

I can relate. It's the American Way. I don't get the "extra help" and I'm sure many don't. They put so many draconian requirements to get "help". If you make over the income "limit" they reduce or stop your benefits, so you fall farther into poverty. And the limit is so insanely low, one would be in a tent by then.

I read CA will get rid of the asset cap for MediCal next year, as forcing people to have so little in assets to qualify means no money for emergencies, retirement, or other expenses. Everyone doesn't live in a house or have a pension. They are left for fend for themselves. Many pay rent and "low income senior housing" is not only not plentiful but the waiting lists are years long. And they have both minimum and maximum income requirements.

Age requirements, income requirements, sigh. Until last year I wasn't old enough to get help from this non-profit that "helps" older adults find resources they need.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Pflowers, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Pflowers