Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2023 at 03:06 PM

@Galetre I am sorry to hear your husband is saying inappropriate things to you. If your fear is at a level that it is disrupting your life, would you consider relocating and make your location unknown to your husband? It is difficult to say what is best for you. Have you considered having a therapist who could help you deal with your fears and act as an objective witness to advise you what is best for you and your family.

I have experience with friends who have gone into psychotic episodes where they lost touch with reality. It is just not easy or doable in my experience to try to talk someone out of those. Professional help is required. Since your husband does not live locally you have even fewer options available.

If you do not have deadbolts and privacy locks on your doors, you may want to consider security improvements like that to make your house more secure. I am in agreement that trying to communicate with him while he is in these states of mind is not productive and only upsets you.

@CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote