Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,803 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 15, 2023 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
I know what you mean. My battery will run down, too, if I don't drive the car for awhile. My husband and I get out in it sometimes. But right now I'm not driving at all until I get new glasses after my recent cataract surgeries. When I do, it will be just a little to close by places. My doc tells me my insurance won't likely pay if I have a wreck when taking all the opiates I do.
I was told not to let the car sit unused more than 2 weeks, even with a good battery I guess. So I start it every few days, and while it idles I dust it off since a car that sits collects more dust than one that's driven. That's cause the breeze blows a lot of it off.

My next door neighbor goes away every year during Christmas to New Year's, he's gone at least 2 weeks then. I never see anyone start his car, maybe he disconnects the cables while he's gone. I heard something about disconnecting some kind of doodad to avoid having a dead battery when coming home.

If you leave your lights on, the battery will die. That happened to me as teenager. Now the car will beep if I open the door and the lights are still on.

Speaking of glasses, I would never drive at night. I feel I have poor night vision, and it wouldn't be safe anyway. Night seems more ominous than daytime....And late model cars have such BRIGHT, blinding lights esp. SUV's since they are up higher. Hate those things, they also block my view when backing out, turning left, or parking. (Sorry Skeezyks)

I'm very near-sighted and people like me usually have poor night vision. I do have these clip-ons in the car for some emergency of having to drive at night, but I can't think of any reason why I'd have to. I hunker down at night. It's too scary even during the day, as this area is deteriorating.

Why didn't they think of how blinding they are to ONCOMING cars? The driver can see just fine but they blind ME. And what's this about driving with lights on sunny days? I don't see the point of that.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Nammu, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady