Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Jan 15, 2023 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post
Banks don't usually have public restrooms. Mine doesn't.
My credit union has restrooms, located in the lobby so no one has to actually walk through the bank and see anything that's confidential. But you have to be a customer it seems, because the teller will have to buzz you in. They are single use bathrooms, all gender as well. There are two of them.

I think there aren't enough public restrooms period. I hear it's a real problem nationwide, and in the UK too (I thought of you, Disco). I mean it's nature and people have to GO. Not everyone is out to do drugs. I never drink anything while driving, as I'm afraid I'll need a bathroom. I see a lot of people doing that though, drinking something as they drive.

Fast food places usually have nasty restrooms, and I know some Starbucks have closed locations due to problems with people using them for other reasons. Personally I don't think that solves anything as they just go to another SB or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubonicPlague View Post
So a few days ago, I deposited some money at my bank into my account, and I had to use the bathroom really bad. I used the ATM outside of the building, I came in with my partner. Mind you, I was wearing this oversized colorful alternative shirt, had blue jeans on, some winter boots with a little dirty fur (but it's all that I have), and I had my Alien back pack on. My curly, frizzy hair was in a messy bun, and I had acne scabs all over my forehead (because I'm a horrible skin picker and hate looking at whiteheads), and I'm also tall and fairly skinny. I asked one of the employees if I could use the restrooms really quick and that I had just deposited money. She gave me a look in all seriousness and said we don't allow public restrooms. Also, my partner and I aren't homeless, and neither of us do any kind of drugs. We're both disabled, and we live off of SSDI and low income.

Alternative clothing is cheaper to buy than nice blouses, a nice dress, or a nicer pair of shoes. Acne product treatments are also costly and so is hair care. My body does not retain on weight very well.

There's only one thing that the Bank Employee thought I was because of my given appearance.
This reminds me of an experience not in a bank but in a clothing store. I used to work in a fancy office building near a fancy shopping center. At lunch I'd go and look in some of the stores. One time I came in wearing jeans and a T-shirt, as it was "casual Friday". Another time I was in my suit. I got treated differently each time, and I was the same person with the same money to spend! I can't remember if it was the same salesperson (this was the 90's!) but they seemed to be more receptive to me when wearing a suit.

Sorry this happened to you. I'm also reminded of a case against Starbucks when a couple of black men came in to wait for a friend and to use the restroom. The white manager refused and called the police saying they LOOK threatening. It was all over the news years ago; I think Starbucks made their restrooms public after that.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; Jan 15, 2023 at 06:05 PM..

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, WovenGalaxy, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Discombobulated, SybilMarie, WovenGalaxy