Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2023 at 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I was told not to let the car sit unused more than 2 weeks, even with a good battery I guess. So I start it every few days, and while it idles I dust it off since a car that sits collects more dust than one that's driven. That's cause the breeze blows a lot of it off.

My next door neighbor goes away every year during Christmas to New Year's, he's gone at least 2 weeks then. I never see anyone start his car, maybe he disconnects the cables while he's gone. I heard something about disconnecting some kind of doodad to avoid having a dead battery when coming home.

If you leave your lights on, the battery will die. That happened to me as teenager. Now the car will beep if I open the door and the lights are still on.

Speaking of glasses, I would never drive at night. I feel I have poor night vision, and it wouldn't be safe anyway. Night seems more ominous than daytime....And late model cars have such BRIGHT, blinding lights esp. SUV's since they are up higher. Hate those things, they also block my view when backing out, turning left, or parking. (Sorry Skeezyks)

I'm very near-sighted and people like me usually have poor night vision. I do have these clip-ons in the car for some emergency of having to drive at night, but I can't think of any reason why I'd have to. I hunker down at night. It's too scary even during the day, as this area is deteriorating.

Why didn't they think of how blinding they are to ONCOMING cars? The driver can see just fine but they blind ME. And what's this about driving with lights on sunny days? I don't see the point of that.
I think the new cars they make now do not need to be started every few days to make sure they run. They make better batteries now I think. We’ve been gone for weeks many times and our cars ran just fine when we were back. I’ve read somewhere that newer cars could sit 4-8 weeks and nothing happens. Well I wouldn’t want it to sit that long but a few weeks seems to be fine
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Travelinglady