Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2023 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am not sure if fabricating something is a good idea. I wonder if you could capitalize on things you do well and something you know you can do well. I’d not describe things you either can’t do or might not be good at. I’d focus on things you do well. Put details of your last job describing what you actually did like content or what not. I am not sure why you say you have to lie? Lying might work short term but it’s not a good strategy long term. You could get a job but not be able to keep it. I do think you might want to omit being fired but maybe don’t lie about actual tasks you did?
Thanks, divine. But in this case, I have got to fib a bit. My resume otherwise shows all sorts of data points, like increased traffic by 105%, or increased website leads by 50%, etc etc. I have to show similar successes in this job somehow. And it's not like they're going to check if I don't provide a reference from this last position. Everyone lies on their resume, or exaggerates facts and many even lie and make up stuff to get a job. I feel I have no choice in the matter. I can definitely speak to all that I do well, including content focused tasks.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote