Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2023 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Are you sure tech / office is the right area for you? You find Power point and Excel boring beyond words.

I would look at service industry, thats what i did when i got fired from my last tech job, i went to nail school. I had to get money from my mom for tuition but it ended up looking good for my disability application when i failed at that too, when god closes a door she opens a window.

Right now there are tons of jobs in the service industry. If it were me, i would try Shipt. They are always looking for people, and all you do is shop with other people's money, text, and drive all day. Get a fold up shopping cart for your car so theres no heavy lifting - i always meet my shoppers outside in the driveway with my cart. If i had a car, i would do it myself!

You seem more like a people person than a tech nerd. A paradigm change could be a blessing. When i did standup comedy in the 1980's, what surprised me most was that i was lauded for things i was punished for doing as a computer programmer.
Thanks for your thoughts!

A couple of things: I am not in tech, I am in a niche specialization within digital marketing that does have technical aspects to it, but I do not work within the tech industry.

Also, I need a 105K+ salary to live where I live now, and the only way I can achieve that is by leveraging the 11 years of experience I have within my field. I will not be able to start over in a new field earning over 100K.

I don't mind sticking to what I know. There are aspects to my field that I really enjoy. You are correct in that I am more of a people person than a tech nerdy type. I do need more interaction than I had in my last job. If I work with clients again, I will have more people interaction. I am applying for senior level jobs in my field in different agencies. I am pretty confident that I can land a job that is in my salary range and in my field of expertise.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Bill3, unaluna