Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 16, 2023 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
A long ago colleague of mine got followed around a store - he’d been having chemo so he was underweight and lost teeth of course he thought it was funny, after all he was going through.

Anyhow I’m rambling but OP I hope you’ll rise above any negative judgement about your appearance and stay true to yourself.
As a teen I was once watched by an employee. I was kneeling to look at a product, and my purse happened to be open and close to the item. I was NOT looking to steal but this employee glanced at me, then came back and walked by again, looking again. She went back and forth several times.

Maybe she had experiences with bad teens, I don't know. And I don't think my appearance was a disadvantage, it's just it probably looked like I was going to drop the item in my bag and walk out. In those days they didn't have security tags on stuff, cameras, etc.

I know I'm off topic in a way but this whole thing about appearance and making judgements about them just pushed my buttons.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, SybilMarie, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated