View Single Post
NPMAN

Member Since Jan 2023
7 hugs
given
Default Jan 17, 2023 at 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyblue83 View Post
To be frank , I don't see how this relationship is going to satisfy two different people with two different views on where their individual lives should be headed. Was this pregnancy an accident ? She , being nine months older than you seems to be working on an agenda , clock is ticking , time for a baby and marriage. You on the other hand haven't even lived your life yet.Seems you still have some oats to sow. Your either married and are a family with your wife and child or your not. How can you be with a woman that you can't even say " I love you " to ?
Yes , I can see how your repeating your fathers behavior.
Plus it appears that you carry some resentments towards your wife. Your child is the one who's going to suffer , like you did.
I'm going to end there and apologize for being brutally honest.
In either case , I wish you the best.....
Hi there,

No need to apologise, thanks for your time and view - much appreciated.

Yes, it was an accident (as she wasn't meant to be able to get pregnant, I was pretty calm about that after having unprotected sex for almost 5 years). I'm delighted that her dream to be a mother is going to come true, but I'm not ready to sacrifice my personal hopes and dreams and commit 100% to family just yet.... which makes me feel like I'm being unfair towards her and my child (even though I'm still planning to fully financially support my child and be there for them).

It's hard pretending right now during pregnancy and the first few months after birth, but I'd like to the child to be as healthy as possible, and for her not to stress during this time of her life... so I need to get on with it.
NPMAN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote