Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 18, 2023 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
The first time I got a scam from Wells Fargo, my spidey since was tingling and I drove to a WF bank and asked about it. Showed him the email. He said it wasn’t them and showed me how to click on the address to see where it’s from. He was rather perturbed because it did look real. Congratulated me for not clicking on it. Got several from the same address then they stopped, maybe because I didn’t fall for them
Years ago I got them on my previous "dumb" phone (still have it to play games) but the links weren't active anyway since it didn't have an Internet connection. So even if I accidentally clicked on it, it wouldn't do anything. I have to be way more careful with a "smart" phone, ironically...... Yeah viewing the source will show it's not actually from a legit company, meaning the link can say "WF customer support" but the address itself is some kind of gibberish usually.

WF said they'd text under a certain code, not from a phone number. BUT scammers can still spoof legit numbers! So I never respond to anything. My auto garage sent something apparently, and I called and asked did they send that. Turned out they did.

The texts always started with 14101000xx, with the last 2 digits varying.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Travelinglady