Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,800 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 19, 2023 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendingmysoul View Post
There was a period in my life I was scared to drive a car.So I decided not to own one anyways.I got calls regarding car insurance,warranty,other vehicle related offers.I would listen to them blabbering on then say I don't even own a car.Complete silence on the other side ,then click. Lol.
I was going to do that, but I've read it's better not to even answer---even to "waste their time" or "beat them at their own game", because it proves it's a "live" number. I think that's the word. It means a human will answer, so they could give/sell your number to other scammers or telemarketers.

Same with texts. Don't send STOP because then they know a human read it. I once got a text from some company claiming I "opted in" to get texts from them. I did not. And I didn't respond either, and I never heard from them again. And I won't click on "unsubscribe" on an unsolicited email either, as the same thing can happen: They know it's a valid or active email....

Speaking of texts, I just got another one of those banking scam texts, this time from "Bank of America". And it started with 1410000. And had some toll free number to call immediately. Right.....

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Skeezyks, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Mendingmysoul, Skeezyks