View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2023 at 12:19 PM

I've been doing really well. My mood has been good. My meds have helped immensely. Have some anxiety occasionally but I'm able to deal with it. Exercising helps too, it's a good release of nervous energy and is good for the endorphins etc.

I have an appointment with my therapist next Thursday then an appointment with my psychiatrist the Tuesday after that.

I hope other people eventually feel comfortable posting in this thread, it can be just how you're doing, or random stuff about your day, whatever you feel like posting. Feel like there's a lot of stigma with this diagnosis unfortunately and may lead people to not wanting to accept the diagnosis. I started reading the Borderline Personality Disorder Survival guide. It's very compassionate, non biased, and debunks myths and misconceptions about the disorder and is really hopeful and helpful. It's really refreshing to read something about this disorder that's not terrible or further stigmatizing. Anyway, I recommend it if anyone wants to see if their library has it. My library has the E-book version.

Went to the dentist the other day for an urgent care appointment. I binged and purged for over 10 years and that really did some damage to my teeth. I cracked a back tooth , a big piece broke off then a couple days later it got infected and had an abscess so I had to make an urgent care appointment to have the tooth removed. The infection is gone now. I feel a lot of regret about all the years of purging, bingeing, etc bad hygiene from the depressed phases . and so on that damaged my teeth. Wish I could go back in time and prevent all the damage those caused my teeth but I can only move forward. Thankfully I haven't binged or purged in around a year. Well, I've binged occasionally, but I completely stopped the purging a year and a half ago.

Anyway, I'm having a good chill weekend. Listening to some Adventure Club, Blackmill, and Krewella

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote