Member Since May 2013
53 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2023 at 05:07 PM

Thanks aBarryManilowsong.

I like that username.

Well.... This is difficult.

An attractive, intelligent woman has reached out to me to make sure I'm ok. She disclosed she went through a separation two years ago and she wants to support me.

I've known her through work for years, and met her husband numerous times. I had tried to support both of them in their careers. She ended up in a capacity where I talk to her, through work, about once a month.

Did I notice she was pretty? Kind of, much like I'd notice Henry Cavill is handsome. I'm married and have ALWAYS had strong boundaries up.

I have a huge network through work. I had tried to help her and her husband build professional connections when they arrived in this city about 7 years ago.

I have had absolutely ZERO unnecessary interactions with her over the years.

Then she called me recently, told me she knows I'm a good person, has seen me with my kids for years, knows I'm a devoted dad, told me I was the only one in her life that believed she was capable and could do more, that my support and being a reference on her applications got her started in her career. She said, You're smart RD, and a good dad, and looking after people matters to you, and you always try to find the balance between maintaining standards on the job and looking after the people around you and people see that.

Holy. Moley.

A female non relative under the age of 80 had something good to say about me, and has checked in everyday for a week. Possibly dropping hints... "Maybe we'll get a chance to talk after work sometime, I hope I get to meet your kids, maybe you could come over and meet my new dogs, maybe we could go out for a meal and talk about work and just talk."

Or I get a text on my work phone after hours that just says "hi".

My affection and positivity-starved codependent self ran all the way here to keep from interacting with her!

Because holy crap, is this ever flattering.

And acting on these immediate feelings is certainly a huge mistake.

RDMercer
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Open Eyes, poshgirl