View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2023 at 07:52 PM

Just okay. I'm a little rattled. A neighbour two houses down has, slowly but surely, been becoming more of a nuisance. He was running loud, dirty motors in his driveway this morning (on a Sunday, of all days!), revving their engines endlessly, and filling the entire neighbourhood with disgusting, dirty fumes. This was all just a little after 10 am, and it went on for almost an hour before I decided to go and see if I could reason with them.

I had not gotten any sleep last night, to speak of. He had started this racket just as I was heading of to try to catch a few zzz's.

I put on some clothes and went over to ask them to tone it down, or perhaps do it later if they could; and all I got for my trouble was insults, and spite, and demanding questions. So, I think they've built up such a poor attitude toward other people's rights to peace and quiet that they felt entitled to present a disappointingly united and ugly front. No apologies, just loud demands being made of me, and absolutely zero respect for the fact that I'm a small, white-haired lady. Don't get me started on what horrible behaviour they were modelling for their only son, a young teenager.

We were saddled with a next-door neighbour like this for a few years (it felt like a hundred). It was unpleasant, but it never turned into anything major, thankfully. But it was pretty awful for my nerves.

WHY are there so many people like this in the world??!! And why do they always live so close to me!?!
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous32448, Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, VerMOZZica, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, WovenGalaxy