View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2023 at 01:36 PM

Day 1: watched the video that introed the course. Won't do this rigidly everyday as I have other urgencies holding my feet to the floor. But I will get through them all.

Day 1: reflect on a 'lucky' experience. After a sad experience when Mattel dropped their vac-u-form toy with no announcement as far as I could tell I reasoned through to "ha, if you write the ads, you always have something fun to do." So I began to follow ad campaigns and read books about it. Age: 12. Forward 8 years and I'm nearly out of college when an alum came to give a talk on creativity. Seeing his background was advertising I went. And somehow cadged a seat at the table when he had lunch. Then I thought that was interesting and got back to dreading the draft and also dreading really attending law school to avoid it. (1974).

But wait, the speaker got word back to me that if I wasn't doing anything after college give him a call. I did call, and he found me a place to work in his really big agency. Pretty lucky break.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote