View Single Post
ArmorPlate108

Member Since Mar 2022
976 hugs
given
Default Jan 23, 2023 at 03:14 PM

Hang in there! One year + into my codependency work, I'm at a point that even if I was out of my relationship, I would not allow myself to get into another relationship. I need to learn more about me, what I really want, what I really need, rather than focus attention on another person. Make sure you know who you are before jumping into anything.

And it's okay to just go out and have fun if that opportunity comes up for you. I'd surely avoid that with any people from work though . And of course the real danger is if you run the risk of getting too deeply attached too soon.

The other night I was lying on the couch watching a movie and I backed myself as far as I could into the couch and wrapped my arms around myself in a hug. I miss that secure feeling of being held and loved. I get it. I can think of nothing I want more than to be part of a pair, which is why I know I'd screw it up at this point.

But hey, enjoy the feeling of having someone notice you, I know what you mean there to. I think my unhealthy marriage has squeezed me dry. I'm a 50 year old woman with my natural, original hair color, whose got the same build as when she was a teenager, but my dragging life shows on my face. Not much of anybody noticing me anymore. A few months ago at the grocery store, a young guy in his twenties came hop skipping by me in the produce section- you know that thing guys do when there's an attractive woman around? I think when he got around me and realized that I was old enough to be his mom, it ruined his day. Fortunately, he was young enough that the look on his face was funny and not hurtful.

Lots of fish out there. Go swim free for a little while. Find out what kind of fish you really are.
ArmorPlate108 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Open Eyes