View Single Post
Shelly61

Shelly61 has no updates.

1 yr Member
Default Jan 24, 2023 at 09:26 PM

Hi Raging Vortex

Yes I do think of the things you mentioned. I have chronic pain issues as well (fibromyalgia, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, herniated discs and bulging discs all up and down my spine, chronic fatigue syndrome). I was very active, used to ride motorcycles, swim, etc. I grew up on a sailboat and lifted 250 pound anchors, rowed boats, swam, walked, etc. It is difficult to say the least when I cannot do more than a few chores a day like laundry and making the bed. It takes me two-three days to cook a holiday meal. Riding an hour to my doctor one way takes a toll. It takes me at least 2-3 days after each of the things I just mentioned to recuperate. What I do is focus on the positives in my life: that I can move around, I have a supportive husband, supportive family, and beautiful grandchildren that make me happy. Negative thinking makes it worse, and dwelling on the pain makes it worse. I distract, use mindfulness skills, work on maintaining balance both physically and mentally, and a lot of self-soothing. All we can do is take one day at a time, but we have the ability to make each day a positive and full one. I hope things get better for you. Just know you are not alone!

Thanks

Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston S. Churchill-

Shelly61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote