View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2023 at 08:45 PM

Hi, People,

R, it's a good question why we should be honorable when others aren't. And, yes, I ask myself the same thing sometimes.. For me there are two answers. 1- I am plagued with terrible guilt. I wouldn't be happy if I turned to the dark side. I can feel guilty for making mistakes/dumb decisions. Messing things up with the best of intentions. And as you wrote, there are other good people in this world. It's just that the yucks stand out. And of course no one (hardly any one) is completely yucky or completely wonderful.

I've had two weeks of drama - not the good kind. My mother-in-law passed away two weeks ago. It was during the rains. I drove up to the lake and the rain wasn't that bad. Tom and I did what you do after someone dies., then came back to my motel, where I got a note from my priest that she wanted me to send a gift card to a widow. Which I did. Later I talked with her and she said no - she'd never ask anything like that. So I shut down my credit card. Amazon immediately shut down my account. I did everything you do when you think your credit has been compromised. - It probably wasn't. Then Tom and I went through his mother's things. They were in boxes in what we call the "tack room" because it used to be a tack room. I turned my head and saw Luna chewing on something turquoise blue. (She's a dog.) I yelled, then cleaned up the mess. There was most of one bar of rat poison, and some crumbs. I looked around and didn't find any more, but I had to wonder if that was all, or had she eaten more. Tom figured she'd be okay, then started worrying because I was worrying. Emergency pet care is not available at the lake. The next day, Tom's nephews called and said that the one bar was the only one they'd put out. Whew! I drove home with no problem until I got to the bridge. The wind was shaking the car, and the rain was coming down so hard that I could barely see the stripes on the road. All's well that ends well. Tom's mother was 102 when she passed away. And she made the most of her time on earth. I'm honored to have known her.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote