View Single Post
moodyblue83

Member Since Aug 2021
31 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2023 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Hey @moodyblue83 I'm sure you are intending to but your posts ab0ut this forum and the steps are coming across kind of judegy. There are many people who use the 12 steps for years and fall out of meetings, lose touch with sober people and boom! Relapse after 20 years. But there are some people who successfully attended 12 step meetings, worked the steps, have a sponsor or sober network and feel like they are living the 12 steps to where maybe they dont need to share anymore about it. I will celebrate 10 years in december i moved to zoom because of covid and now I have a dilemia. I work for the police dept of the town/area that I went to meetings and got sober in. Sure anonymous, yes no one is supposed to judge but I do not want any of my employers to ever know about that part of me. thoughts?
You are correct. Just because you work the steps doesn't mean your sobriety is guaranteed. BUT , there is no doubt that if you work the steps with someone who has already done them , ( and you feel has " good" sobriety) , you have a good chance of making the changes in your life that will help defend against a relapse.
As far as your question about going to meetings in your town , chances are you will run into somebody connected with your employer. And people tend to gossip , so trying to maintain your anonymity may become problematic. That's a tough one to figure out. Maybe you can start your own little group with just a few people ? It's been said it only takes 2 people to have a meeting !
Almost forgot..... congratulations on your 10 years ! One day at a time.
Good luck to you.....

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, MuseumGhost