Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2023 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
That sounds amazing and very European!

We had a veggie Haggis last night, which was mostly lentil and oat based, because it was Burns night. Left overs tonight.

I made this nice simple snack as the oven was on, roasted some almonds with paprika and a little chilli powder.
@Discombobulated, that sounds like a yummy way to prepare the almonds! My husband often roasts the raw nuts we get from the grocery store, but hasn't experimented with nice spices on them. I roasted the hazelnuts for my Bishop's Bread only because they taste so much better that way and it gets rid of the skins. I also love candying nuts. I have a simple version with just sugar and butter, and another version where I make a sweet buttery egg white mixture I put on sliced almonds before baking.

I have never had Haggis, though it sounds like your version tonight is not the norm. A variation?

A while back, my husband and I watched the movie called "Phanthom Thread" with Daniel Day-Lewis. There is a cool scene where he orders breakfast and asks for a long list of goodies, including Welsh Rarebit. I had heard of it, but never made it. He had no clue what it was, but from then on kept asking for it in a joking way. Then, one morning I pulled out my Fanny Farmer Cookbook and found a recipe for it and surprised him with it. He had no clue what was sitting in front of him. Needless the say, he did love it. I should make it again soon.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Nammu