View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2023 at 05:19 PM

Talked to my therapist. We discussed the binge eating that I use to cope with emotions. And talked about how I've made a lot of progress though because I'm not purging or restricting anymore, and that maybe I can use some of my coping skills to distract from the urge to binge when I'm feeling upset. Talked about my progress I've made. Discussed the mood swings, that I've been experiencing lately again, she said it was part of my main diagnosis (schizoaffective/bipolar) and to bring it up to my psychiatrist if it gets worse. I told her it's manageable right now. It's better than it used to be. I used to be reckless, not sleeping, delusional, paranoid, and randomly stopping my meds. So in comparison to that I' doing a lot better, and it's manageable. I feel fine today. And to keep in mind that when I'm feeling horrible, I know eventually I will go back to feeling wonderful or neutral at some point. To write a letter to myself when I'm feeling really amazing, to read on a day when I'm depressed. So I know it won't last forever. I also haven't been in the hospital in 5 years which is amazing, because I ended up there so many times before, one time in the back of a police car. I've made a lot of progress even though I sometimes feel like a failure

We also talked about college, she said because I've grown and matured a lot over the years and am more stable that I might be able to handle it (the stress) this time, if I take one class at a time.

I'm also calling the main branch of the library tomorrow to ask about my volunteer application and figure out what happened with that and why I never got a call

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Desoxyn, SlumberKitty, WastingAsparagus

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Desoxyn, Sometimes psychotic, WastingAsparagus