TheGal
Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2022
692 hugs
given
Default Jan 27, 2023 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
These things you describe about her sound pretty narcissistic to me. I have a relationship with a person who talks over me, too. It could be a trait of her possible undiagnosed ADHD, which I suspect she has but don’t know. But mine doesn’t put me down and act superior like your friend does to you. This friend sounds like an antagonistic person and not someone you enjoy a friendship with. Talking about mental health with her is proving to not be a good idea. Boy, we sure have all gotten into some deep discussions over narcissism, empathy, etc lately… the whole world is talking. But, it isn’t a productive conversation when it feels unsupportive, competitive. The mental health discussion becomes a means to abuse. I suppose it’s best to have the discussion with the professionals instead.
You make so many good points, TishaBuv.

I feel angry with myself that I opened up to her and showed my vulnerability. I am also angry that it was used against me. I didn't ask for that. She really didn't have good intentions. And I don't feel safe with her anymore.

Some professionals are good to talk to, but not all though, in my experience.

I guess one has to find a way to keep on trucking in spite of the hurt and setbacks.

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's appreciated...
TheGal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, TishaBuv