View Single Post
indigo1015
Grand Member

Member Since Dec 2010
8 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2023 at 09:31 PM

On Friday evening, my gran passed away in a hospital back East. The assisted living facility where she was living sent her there when she had a stroke. She died shortly after she got there. I’m not heartbroken— I loved her to pieces and she was like a second mother to me, but she was 100 years old, after all. Not in terribly good health at this point, and she’d lived a really cool life. She was on the air with the FBIS during world war II when D-Day happened, she worked with celebrities in showbiz, lived in Hawaii for awhile, dated a black dude in the 1940s, lots of stuff. She and I were really close— she taught me a lot. Ironically, we weren’t that much alike. For one thing, my gran was an extrovert big-time lol. I’ve been told I take more after my other grandmother, whom I also really liked but who died back when I was ten. She wasn’t perfect, and for the past few years it’s really been hard on my mom taking care of her. She never was a very good patient lol. One thing we did have in common is we’re both very independent, and I can only imagine how my gran hated leaning on other people to do anything at all, which was pretty much where she was at when she died. At least she died peacefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
indigo1015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, MuddyBoots, MuseumGhost, Nammu, TishaBuv, WovenGalaxy