View Single Post
Der_Sohn_des_Leides

Member Since Jun 2008
Default Jun 05, 2008 at 07:05 PM

Thanks for your words of support, Jinnyann. Even though I don't know who you are, I really appreciate that you took the time to read my post and to respond. I'm strongly humanist, and it brings joy to my heart to see that there are still people who value our common humanity enough to reach out to a complete stranger.

I'm just in a rather unfortunate combination of circumstances right now. It's practically inconceivable for me to get any accomodations on campus for the summer. Things in the US are much different regarding financing university students, so I would have to fund it all myself. And let's just say that rent where I go to university is not cheap.

My therapist is back on campus, so I can't see her, and I'm already on an absurdly high dose of Prozac (80 mg./day), so increasing that is not an option. I don't have good insurance, so I can't really afford any of the newer drugs like Zoloft or Welbutrin XL (in fact, I've already been on them and they didn't really work, either).

My best friend is Palestinian, and she moved back in with her very strict Muslim family today, so I won't be able to see her for at least two months. And I have no siblings... hence the loneliness and difficulties dealing with my dad.

But I'm really grateful for your support. I read your post, and I hope things will start looking brighter your friend soon. Hopefully we can stay in touch

"One by one, as they march, our comrades vanish from our sight, seized by the silent orders of omnipotent death. Very brief is the time in which we can help them, in which their happiness or misery is decided. Be it ours to shed sunshine on their path, to lighten their sorrows by the balm of sympathy, to give them the pure joy of a never-tiring affection, to stregthen failing courage, to instill faith in hours of despair."
-Bertrand Russell

With love and hope,
<~/J\~>
Der_Sohn_des_Leides is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote