Thread: sharing my T
View Single Post
Anonymous29412

Default Jun 05, 2008 at 08:14 PM

I just got off the phone with my best friend, and she told me that she referred her cousin to my T. Her cousin has an appointment with him when he returns from his upcoming vacation. His specialty is trauma, and her cousin has PTSD -and she knows how good he's been for me, and she wants her cousin to have a good therapist.

Ewwwwww......this feels SO weird to me. The mature me is happy that her cousin will be able to get good treatment. The totally immature part of me is really upset. I really don't want to hear what he's like with his other clients - but I will be wondering and I don't know if I can resist asking. I just started feeling really safe with him, and I feel like he's "mine" - even though I know he has other clients, they are just sort of imaginary people to me. And I'm sure this is because of my SA experience with a counselor in the past, but I'm really scared he will do something inappropriate with her, and I'll hear about it. I have NO reason to think that would happen - I think it's just fears bubbling up from the past.

I know I'm being immature and crazy, but I just had to get it out.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote