View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2023 at 03:11 AM

Yes, a lot of anger surfaces when ptsd trauma is coming to the surface. Let’s think about what you shared about her history where she was repeatedly abused. A child has no power or life experience to self protect or escape. Instead they tend to shut down and dissociate so they can survive. The brain does store our experiences and often lets us remember once we have enough life skills and language ability to process. Her adult mind will be very angry that her child self had to endure so much.

Unfortunately, alcohol takes away ones normal filter that controls awareness of behavior. So in essence it magnifies and only makes ptsd worse. People do not feel refreshed or restored afterwards, instead they feel tired and depressed. Alcohol does nothing to heal the brain, instead it changes the brain in unhealthy ways.

Part of her desire to change comes from a much deeper level of unrest that she wants to escape.

My own trauma was witnessing abuse and being powerless to stop it. For me this started at a very young age.

I have personally experienced the anger you describe. It has to come out, it’s part of the healing. I know for you it’s hard to witness. It’s not your fault or hers, she isn’t choosing this, it’s intrusive. It requires a great deal of patience.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
sadmanagain

Thanks for this!
pachyderm, sadmanagain