Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,918 hugs
given
Default Feb 04, 2023 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatThruThis View Post
This year my goals are:

1) use up as many of my notebooks, sketchbooks, & tablets as I can (currently numbering 53).

2) do my past years’ taxes. I’m not sure how many years I missed or if I’m still able to get the stimulus, which is why I’m doing it.

3) organize my death. I’m thinking about a binder that I’ll review yearly, but I also know there are kits you can buy (my manager is using nokbox, for instance).
Checking in. Making baby steps. I’m thinking of updating this thread at least monthly with my progress, or lack thereof:

1) I ended up recycling one very small 3”x5” homemade notepad I made from scratch paper, so I’m down to 52 notebooks, sketchbooks, & tablets to be used up now.

I’ve been thinking of ideas for the rest, including copying my favorite coloring book pages onto them with some carbon paper I bought years ago at a thrift shop & never used.

2) I’m starting my tax goal by trying to get 2022’s taxes out of the way via freetaxusa.com. It was free for federal; state was $14.99. I’ve never used them before.

Last year I used TurboTax & it was perfectly fine (if I remember correctly). Federal was free & I think state was $50, I don’t remember. This was after trying trying & failing to do it for free from the sites either irs.gov or my state’s website suggested.

Well, I’m having a problem already. My federal return is getting rejected for an “Identity Protection Personal Identification Number” (IP PIN). I don’t know it. So I’m trying to get it from irs.gov & it’s a real pain in the buttocks.

I would be tempted to go back to TurboTax, but freetaxusa.com already charged me. Of course. My taxes are very straightforward though, so there’s that. I will try again tomorrow to get the IP PIN from irs.gov.

In looking through my accumulated tax documents, it could be I didn’t file 2018, 2019, or 2020? It’s okay I think, since I had no income, but I don’t think I got my stimulus checks either?

I have w2s & tax returns dating back to 2002. I think I can shred most of them. I had thought you were supposed to hold onto them for 7 years, but I’m getting conflicting information from the internet. Imagine that.

3) Looking at my library system’s website, I found 2 books about death planning & put them in my to be read pile. I already have a binder & (maybe) plastic sheet protectors I can use for this.
FloatThruThis is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote